Rules and Regulations
1. Members can book courts 6 days in advance by telephone. The morning advance court booking phone line is (416) 396-4042. Prime time booking opens at 8:15 am (7 days a week) and non-prime time booking opens at 9:15 am (between Tuesdays and Saturdays). During these times, phone-in bookings will take immediate priority over any and all on-site requests for court time. Members may ask to be placed on a waiting list in the event the time requested is unavailable.
2. There are no block bookings except for organized events approved by the Executives.
3. Members can only book one court per call. When playing Singles (i.e. 2 players), the maximum booking is one court for 2 hours per day. When playing Doubles (i.e. 4 players), the maximum booking is one court for 2 hours per day. Court booking records will be frequently and consciously reviewed to ensure the above rule is strictly observed. The equitable and reasonable availability of court time for ALL the members is an inviolate tenet of the Club.
4. Members may play no more than 4 hours of tennis at the facility per day.
5. Members are allowed to bring guests for a guest fee per person per court. Members may bring a guest twice a month and no guest may play more than twice a month. Guests must be accompanied with a member, sign-in and if requested, show photo identification. Guest card will be issued to members upon request. The member who booked the court is responsible for ensuring guests sign-in and payment of guest fee; failure to do so will result in a fine of $30.00 to the member.
6. When playing Doubles, a minimum of 2 people must be members. When playing Singles, 1 person must be a member.
7. Cancellation of booked courts must be done at least 48 hours before scheduled court booking; failure to give the full 48-hour notice will result in a cancellation fee of $6.50.
8. Members must still pay IN FULL the court fees for "no show" court bookings.
9. Memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable. You cannot share your membership tag/number with others for booking privileges or court access.
10. Court bookings are non-transferrable. You cannot book a court for another member or non-member.
11. Members must have a valid club membership key tag issued by the City of Toronto (initially at no cost to the member). Photo must be taken to complete the registration process and for the key tag to be issued. In the event of loss of the key tag, members are required to notify the City of Toronto staff who will reissue a replacement at a cost of $10.00 to the member.
12. Members MUST scan their key tags on arrival. Misrepresentation of SWTC membership key tag is a serious infraction.
13. Fees must be paid in full BEFORE using the court. Individual/partial payments will not be accepted.
14. No spectators are allowed on the court at any time.
15. Only 3 balls are permitted on court except for where Rule #16 takes effect.
16. The general use of a ball hopper/machine is restricted to the Club Pros. The Executives must approve all other uses of a ball hopper/machine, without exception. Members who require the use of a ball hopper/machine must apply to the Executives in writing and if granted, its use will be restricted to Courts #1 and #4 in the building and no court restrictions in the bubble. Ball hopper/machine is for personal use or with direct family members only. Members must notify staff regarding the usage of a ball hopper/ball machine at check-in. Members to provide proof of authorization upon request.
17. Appropriate tennis etiquette and attire are required at all times. It includes but is not limited to: not using a cell phone on the courts; quickly passing balls back to the other courts when a point is over; having quiet discussions in the viewing area and on the courts; not playing or running around in the viewing area; wearing proper court shoes; not interrupting games on courts; waiting until a point is over before walking past a court through the back to access other courts; and etc.
18. Abuse or aggressive behaviour towards City of Toronto staff or other players is strictly prohibited.
19. Tennis instruction not authorized in writing by the Executives is strictly prohibited. This includes any instruction from viewing areas adjacent to the courts.
The Executives may suspend or revoke a membership at their discretion in the event of any Club rule abuses or infractions. In the instance of the first rule violation, the member in question will be verbally notified and cautioned and the Executives will make a record of the incident. The Executives will advise all further cautions/notices of violations to the member in writing. Please note that no refund will be given if a membership is revoked.